Dr. Calvin G. Lum is a San Francisco native who has been practicing veterinary medicine for over 30 years. After more than two decades spent working in three large brick-and-mortar veterinary hospitals in the Bay Area, in 2008 he decided to open his own veterinary house call practice, San Francisco Veterinary Housecalls. After growing his practice for 11 years he decided to join the growing, wonderful, cutting edge team at Vetted PetCare in order to help more San Francisco pets and their parents in their own homes.
Dr. Lum has been volunteering at PAWS SF (Pets Are Wonderful Support) during their ‘Ask the Vet’ clinics since 2013. He also holds memberships in the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA), The California Veterinary Medical Association (CVMA), The San Francisco Veterinary Medical Association (SFVMA), and the Lesbian and Gay Veterinary Medical Association (LGVMA).
Letter to San Francisco Veterinary Housecalls Clients
I’m so pleased to announce that I’ll soon be joining the Vetted PetCare platform. As of May 14, 2019, I’ll officially be practicing as a Vetted veterinarian.
I launched San Francisco Veterinary Housecalls as a solo veterinarian in 2008. Through the continued support of clients just like you, I’ve come to make thousands of meaningful connections with pet owners here in San Francisco. Moving to the Vetted PetCare platform will allow me to devote more of my time and resources to deepening my relationship with you and your pet.
I made the decision to partner with Vetted because of my commitment to providing you with the best veterinary care possible. By allowing Vetted to take over many of the operational aspects of my business such as scheduling, invoicing, and ordering, I’ll be empowered to focus even more on the health and wellbeing of your pet.
I chose to work with Vetted PetCare specifically because they share my values. They too believe that veterinary care is best when delivered at home, and that veterinarians – not sales quotas – should have the final word on the care each patient receives.
I’m grateful to have found a partner whose mission aligns so closely with my own.
- Dr. Calvin G. Lum
What does this all mean for you and your pet?
What will change.
Your veterinary appointments will be less expensive! Vetted exams, including travel, are only $99. As always, all service, diagnostic, and medication pricing will be a la carte.
- Vetted works with dozens of other talented local veterinarians. If I’m not available, you’ll have more options for booking an appointment.
- Vetted vets are available from 8am-8pm, daily, so you’ll have more flexibility in terms of scheduling.
- Vetted veterinarians will also have a veterinary technician with them during every visit which will give you more personalized attention.
- Vetted will be handling all the administration details, from invoicing to follow-up.
What wont change.
I will still be your veterinarian and you’ll be able to make appointments specifically with me.
- You can still expect stellar veterinary care in the comfort of your own home.
After May 13, 2019, you can book an appointment with me by visiting book.vettedpetcare.com and selecting a time on my schedule. If I’m not available, you’ll be able to search appointments with other great Vetted vets!
- You can reach the friendly team at Vetted PetCare by calling 415-289-5627; they’ll be happy to get a message directly to me if you’d like.
- All of my current records of your beloved pets will be transferred over to the Vetted Care Team to ensure the continued care you’ve always received from me, including appointment reminders, medications on file, etc. If you’d rather not have that information transferred, please let us know by replying directly to this email and we will opt you out.
If you have any questions at all about what this unique collaboration means for you and your pet, please don’t hesitate to reach out.
Thank you for your continued trust in me and for joining me on this exciting new adventure!